|Name:-||Prof. (Dr.) Sardar Arvind Singh|
|Date of Birth:||10th January 1957|
|Designation:||Professor of Botany & Principal|
|Official Address :||· Principal, Millat College, Darbhanga (05.03.2020 onwards)|
· Ex. Director, Directorate of Distance Education, L.N. Mithila University, Kameshwaranagar, Darbhanga- 846004 (01.11.2017 to 04.03.2020)
· Ex.Principal, M.K. College, Laheriasarai, Darbhanga (Feb. 2009 to May,2014)
· Ex.Principal, R.N.A.R. College, Samastipur (22.05.2014 to 31.10.2017)
|Telephone No.:||08544513341 (M)|
|Email id :||[email protected] , [email protected]|
- Academic Qualification
- Matriculation: Science Stream, 1st Class in 1971
- Intermediate: Science Stream, 1st Class in 1973
- B.Sc. (Hons): Botany Hons, 1st Class in 1975
- M.Sc.: Botany with specialization in Pathology , 1st Position in the First Class in 1977
- Pre-Ph.D. Course:
- Minor Research Project(RD&AT,IIT,Delhi)with 9.5 C.G.P.A.
- On Organisational Behaviour with 9.5 C.G.P.A. from I.I.T., Delhi
- Ph.D. Programme:Biomass from Underexploited Plant Studies on Adhatodavasica and Ipomoea fistulosa Mart ex Choicy. Ph.D. Degree Awarded on 4th February, 1989; I.I.T., Delhi
- Research Supervision: Two Research ScholarsMr. Sunil Kumar Singh (R.B.S. College, Thei) and Mr.Umesh Kumar Choudhary (M.R.S.M. College, Anandpur) successfully awarded Ph.D. under my supervision by L.N.MithilaUniversity,Darbhanga.
- National Merit Scholarship during Intermediate, Degree and Post Graduation Course.
- U.G.C. Teacher Fellowship for Doctoral Programme.
- U.G.C. Minor Research Project on “Identification and Biomass Potential of Some Underexploited Plants of Mithila”
- Best Principal Award by Don Basco Society in 2011.
- Weeds and Wasteland. BESI newsletter, 2, 45, 1986
- Reclaiming alkaline soils through biogas slurry from weeds. Indian Journal of Environment and Agriculture, 1, 128-129, 1986
- Estimating the above ground biomass of Ipomoea fistulosa by regression method. Biomass, 11, 223-230, 1986
- Effect of nitrogen supply on growth of Ipomoea fistulosaafterfirst coppice. Geobios, 14, 110-111, 1987
- Increasing biomass yields of hardy weeds through coppicing: Studies on Ipomoea fistulosa and Adhatodavasica with reference to wasteland utilization. Biological Waste, 9, 15-33, 1987
- Efficient utilization of biomass from non-conventional plants as solid fuels. R.T. Journal, June Issue, 24-28, 1987.
- Coppice method: A concept for maximizing biomass yield. BESI News Letter, 1988
- Estimation of the aerial biomass of weedy shrubs by regression methods: Studies on AdhatodavasicaNees. Forest Ecology, 1988.
- Fertiser replacement trials with Raphanussativus. L. Trop. Agric, 65(4), 361-363, 1988.
- Biomass potential of Ipomoea fistulosa. Biological Wastes, 25(2), 141-143, 1988
- Composition of fruit bodies of Plerotussajorcaju grown on biomass from two weeds, Adhatodavasica and Ipomoea fistulosa, Current Science, 1988.
- Evolution of biomass from underexploited plats as fuel for direct burning and associated smoke problems. URJA, 1988.
Research Papers Presentation
- Woody shrubs as potential source of biomass for fuel, paper presented at Symposium on Bio-energy for Arid Zone, 28-30 Sept. 1985, Udaipur, India.
- Maximising char yields from weedy biomass. Proceeding of 2nd convention and Symposium on Bio-energy Society of India, New Delhi, pp. 157-159, 1986.
- Underexploited plants as source of fuel and fertilizer: Studies on biomass production from Adhatodavasica and Ipomoea fistulosa, two prolific weed shrubs. U.G.C. National Seminar, University of Jodhpur, Jodhpur, Feb. 27-28, 1987.
- Biomass yield potentials of an underexploited plant: Studies on Ipomeafistulosa Mart ex Chicy. International IUFRO Workshop on Rural Needs, VigyanBhawan, New Delhi, Feb. 22- 26, 1987.
- Determining the frequency of coppice for optimum biomass yields from weeds- Studies on AdhatodaVasicaNees. Energy room Biomass and Waste XI, I.G.T., Chicago, Illinois, USA, March 5-20, 1987.
- Material from biomass: Extraction of oxalic acid from underexploited plants. IUFRO Workshop on Rural Needs, VigyanBhawan, New Delhi, Feb. 22-26, 1987.
- Biomass production trials with hardy weeds shrubs, Proceeding of 3rd Convention and Symposium’ 86 Bioenergy Society of India, New Delhi, pp. 120-122, 1987.
- Effect of weed growth on saline-alkaline soils: Studies on AdhatodavasicaNees. and Ipomoea fistulosa Mart ex Choicy, Proceeding of 3rd Convention and Symposium’ 86, Bioenergy Society of India, New Delhi, pp. 116-119, 1987.
- Effect of mushroom cultivation (Pleurotussajorcaju) on substrates from two nonconventional plants, AdhatodavasicaNees and Ipomoea fistulosa Mart ex choicy. XIIth International Science Congress on Science and Cultivation of Edible Fungi, FAL, Braunsschweig, Sept. 20-26, 1987.
- Aerial biomass estimation in Ipomoea fistulosa by linear regression method. Proceeding of 3rd Convention and Symposium’ 86, Bioenergy Society of India, New Delhi, pp. 37-40, 1987.
- Nonconventional plants as energy crop on saline-alkaline soils: Studies on Bougainvillea spp. Abstract, IX International Symposium on Tropical Ecology, B.H.U. Varanasi, India, 1987.
- Identification of some hardy weeds growing on wastelands. Proceeding of 4th Convention and Symposium’ 87, Bioenergy Society of India, New Delhi, pp. 37-40, 1988.
- Utilisation of underexploited plants as substrate for biomethanation: Studies on Bougainvillea spp. And Calotropisprocera.Proceeding of 4th Convention and Symposium, 87, Bioenergy Society of India, New Delhi, pp. 37-40, 1988.
- Anaerobic digestion: An appropriate process for integrated utilization of biomass from non-conventional source. Vth International Symposium on Anaerobic Digestion AD99, Itly, May 22-26, 1988.
- Symposium on Bio-Energy for Arid and Semiarid Zones held at CTAE, Sukhadia University, Udaipur, 28-30 Sept., 1985.
- Second Convention and Symposium, Bioenergy Society of India, Hyderabad, 13-15 Oct., 1985
- Silver Jubilee Seminar on Technology and Rural Development, IIT, Delhi, Feb. 13.14, 1986.
- National Workshop on Biomass Conversion Technology, PAU: Ludhiana, March 10-12, 1986.
- 3rd Convention and Symposium, Bioenergy Society of India, BAIF: Pune, Dec. 30-, 1986.
- IUFRO International Workshop on Agro-forestry for Rural Needs, VigyanBhawan, New Delhi, Feb. 22-24, 1987.
- UGC National Seminar on Integrated Development and Optimum Utilisation of Available Non-Conventional Energy Source in Remote Isolated Areas, University of Jodhpur, Jodhpur, Feb. 27-28, 1987.
Keynote Address and Chaired Technical Session.
- UGC National seminar on Issue of Flood and Regional Development at M.K. College, Darbhanga from 15-16 Sept., 2011.
- UGC National Seminar on Indian National Movement and Peasant of Bihar at M.K. College, Darbhanga from 12-13 Nov. 2011.
- 10 Days UGC Sponsored Workshop on Human Right Education from 11.12.2012 to 20.12.2012 at K.S. College, Darbhanga.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Tree Society of India, Solan, H.P.
- Bioenergy Society of India, New Delhi
- UNESCO Club, Darbhanga City.
- Fellow of Bihar Biological Research Society
- Assessor of NAAC Since September, 2014
- Organised Seminar
Organized Seminar as Resource person and presented papers
- NAAC Sponsored State level Seminar on “Role of Governance and Leadership for institutional Quality improvement with special reference to Constituent Colleges of Bihar” on 14.03.2015 at R.N.A.R. College, Samastipur.
- UGC Sponsored workshop on “Entrepreneur Ship & Skill Development” from 20thto 22nd April, 2015 at L.N. Mithila University, Darbhanga.
- NAAC sponsored seminar on “Reformation in Teaching Learning and Evaluation processes in College of Bihar” on 21.08.2015 at M.K. College, Laheriasari, Darbhanga.
Visits as Member/Co-ordinator of NAAC PEER TEAM
|1||B.B.Sc. College, Amraviti-444605||26th to 28th Feb. 2015|
|2||S.V.S. College, Mantha-431504||27th to 29th July, 2015|
|3||M.A. Sc. & Com. College, Jalna-431114||28th to 30th Sept. 2015|
|4||VIVA College, Virar-401303||18th to 20th Jan. 2016|
|5||S.M.D.M. College, Kalamb-413507||18th to 20th Feb. 2016|
|6||K.K.T.M. Govt. College, Pullut – 680663||20th to 22nd June, 2016|
|7||A.E. Society’s Arts, Commerce & Science College, Hingoli – 431513||22nd to 24th Sept., 2016|
|8||B.S.S.College of Arts ,Commerce And Scence ,Makni,Osmanabad||02 October to 05 Oct ,2016|
|9||Arts, Commerce and Science College, Ahmad Nagar, Maharastra.||04 – 06 September, 2017|
- Membership of Editorial Board
- Member Advisory Board of Bio journal, ISSN No. 0970444.
- Patorn- Annual College Magazine “Kalyani”
Annual College Magazine “Sankalp”
Training Programme at TISS, Mumbai
Two day Higher Education Leadership Forum Training Programme at TISS, Mumbai – 11th & 12th April , 2016
- Teaching Profile
Joined as Lecturer in Botany at C. M. Sc. College, Darbhanga on the recommendation of University Selection Committee on 02.11.1982, promoted to the rank of Reader under Merit Promotion Scheme in 1990, and to the rank of University Professor with effect from 1998.
C.M. Sc. College is a premier and pioneer of Science education where I got opportunity to develop& sensitise scientific temper in students. During my teaching career, I strove to work in the area of BIOMASS & BIOENERGY as alternative eco-friendly energy resource for sustainable development and motivate young scientists toward this venture. The general awareness programmes were organized at different places on eco-friendly energy resource with the active support of our students.
- Administrative Profile
Joined as Principal of M. K. College, Laheriasarai, Darbhanga on Feb. 2, 2009 on the recommendation of University Selection Commission. My appointment in this college was made with view to turnaround academic and administrative scenario. I took holistic approach put teaching, non-teaching, students and other stakeholders on one platform with outmost care to formulate long and short term student-centric developmental plan. The stepwise programmes and their implementation led infrastructural development, steep increase in enrollment as well as inflow of large number of students in the class room.
During last five years, we have organized about two dozen seminars/conferences in which some of them were sponsored by UGC/ICHR. Some major and minor research projects were also undertaken during last five year. A dozed seminar/research project proposals have already been submitted to U.G.C. for financial grant. Further, consultancy service in Zoology and Psychology, publication of college magazines and publication of a refereed research journal of national repute are some of the feathers in our college research activities since last four years.
We also submitted SSR for 2nd Cycle of reaccreditation by NAAC and NAAC PEER TEAM visited this college from 28-30 Nov., 2013. The NAAC in its 65th executive Council meeting, re-accredited this college with Grade B (CGPA 2.11) on 21st of this month. Earlier this college was accredited with C grade. This proves turnaround in academic and administrative system in the college.
I was transferred to R.N.A.R. College, Samastipur in May, 2015 and prepared this college for re-accreditation (2nd Cycle) and it also moved from ‘C’ Grade to ‘B’ Grade w.e.f. 24.09.2014.
I have been assisting other colleges of L.N.M. University, Darbhanga in their preparations for NAAC Accreditation e.g.- JMDPL College, Madhubani; R.B. College, Dalsinghsari; B.R.B. College, Samastipur etc.
Presently I am member of Senate, Academic Council, Post Creation, Absorption and Confirmation Committee & Students Welfare Committee of L.N. Mithila University, Darbhanga
Ensure Quality Education with field/ laboratories exposures
Establishment of Community College
Widening of consultancy service
Collaboration with industries/ national laboratories
Introduce short term certificate courses
Organizing General, Social, Geographical and Health Awareness Programme as a part of our social responsibility
Preserving cultural ethos
ANNUL SCHEDULE FOR VISIT
- February & March
- June & July
During above months I am relatively free to work as Member of Peer Team
(ID – 272035)
Millat College, Darbhanga
Mobile – 08544513341
Email Id :-[email protected]
Prof. (Dr.) Sardar Arvind Singh
Email: [email protected]